This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Train early to Waterloo Intl. train station, got the EuroStar.
Realised on the train that the French don't know what time it is and so I
am going to be an hour late for my meeting with the lads at the Hotel (argh).
- Lots of work on gb. Spent hours finding an annoying memory
corruption bug, played with getting the VB game into a demoable state.
- Taxi from the station, I seemed to see all of Paris on the way
and probably ended up in the next street to the station all for only 100Francs.
Turned out I wasn't an hour late; oh well, 'laptop time' is like the abortive
'internet time' rather inferior to the real thing.
- Met Jody, Ettore, and began to see the fruits of my labours the
night before with the Helix Code picture gallery failing to bear fruit; heh ho.
Off to a cafe and then on to somewhere more central for dinner ( we all split
up and dithered ) then on to the Arc De Triumph for a beer or two.
- Returned to try and diagnose an annoying memory corruption in
the evolution address book code.
- Sleep; sharing a room with theFederico Mena, an honour
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)