This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Sunday, up rather earlier than normal for Church.
Christian was awake already, breakfast and then walked there.
Interesting sermon on Ananias and Saphira ( Acts 2? ), also
various other hard punishments God has given to warn his
people. Lots of interesting points, particularly that
Hence it seems God was not prepared to tolerate such
disobediance in the early church and struck them both dead,
eand everyone was very afraid; Don't mess with God. Take home message,
God is loving but is also just.
- They wanted the Qudos of having sold their property
to support the needy in the Church, but they didn't want to have
to part with all of it.
- They deliberately lied to the apostles, telling them
that they had given them all the money raised from the sale. [
clearly here the money is not important, Peter says 'was it not
yours before you sold it ?' ]
- They clearly did not believe that God actualy knew
their every word before they spoke it and the thoughts of their
- They deliberately decieved their brothers, clearly
cocking a snook at God's law.
- They refused to trust that God could supply their
every need and that it was only of what God had given them that
they were giving.
- Roast dinner, rather good.
- Cycled down the the seafront with Christian to show
him round Brighton. We looked round the Pavilion; a Turkish exterior
with a chinese interior; wierd, but sumptuously opulent.
- Into 'The Lanes' a maze of tiny shopping streets in down
town Brighton; horrifyingly most of them were open. Stopped off at
a pub ( doh ) for refreshment before cycling home. Christian is
amazingly clued up on Gnome current affairs.
- Home for tea; dispatched Christian to Reading.
- Talked to my parents, practiced my inept guitar chord
changing D, F#7, Bm, Am7, D7; excellent, slept fitfully.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)