This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Monday; back to work, sweet. Apparently my diary makes the
nightly build of Mozilla crash; excellent. Given the total lack of
complicated markup, scripting and other things too clever by half this
- Lots of critical mail on my new UI handler code; excellent
time for some serious improvement.
- Fixed up Miguel's comments, realized that we needed a
globaly unique ID for the compat layer's compnent name. Busked
something mangling the pid and an integer, should work ok.
- Grief; arm is quite painful, fingers feeling crushed,
blister hurting, lots of typing to do :-) Still, exciting typing so
that's ok. It seems the UI handler work received a broadly positive
reception on gnome-hackers / gtk-devel.
- Got controls merging nicely into menus and toolbars, for
some strange reason they refuse to render inside the status bar; wierd.
- Popup menu API hacked up.
- Big argument with Havoc on IRC; eventualy we came to some
sort of understanding, and he agreed to help me which is nice. Jody is
interested in helping too; excellent.
- Committed the path re-write, lots nicer now.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)