This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Discovered I had failed to send Mike my comments on his
listener interface; drat. More Havoc mail to reply to, some comments
on the layout for the xml but no patches as yet.
- Found a load more uninitialized variable warnings in
Nautilus that stopped me building; -Werror is a real curse. The irony
is that having made life difficult for all minority systems people,
they don't use -O which shows them useful warnings.
- Added some freeze / thaw semantics to make UI merging
slicker. More compat stubbing to help Nautilus.
- Interesting use cases of the UI handler code in Nautilus,
should be easy to re-implement a load of nice helpers like
show/hide_dock_item, and make the API nicer.
- Committed a few more bonobo bits; looking nicer, added
a sliding progress control while Nautilus was building. Had to clean
cruft off ftp.gnome.org to commit; doh.
- Got the go ahead from Ettore, dithered a bit and committed
the GtkHtml code; patch to the lads. Can I re-build evolution to test
it before some clown commits something else... the race is on.
- Committed evolution patches; wait for the screaming to
start, sadly the lads are all out to lunch. Spent an age fixing
brokenness left by Chris with paths being screwed. Strangely you don't
notice it after a make clean; you actually have to rm the directory
- Got other people building it, implemented the status bar
stuff, left the progress bar for Ettore. Various misc. cleanings around
- Bed at 4.40am not good news for tommorow's hacking.
- Christian tells me that the Mozilla people are
- Discovered that the new TigerT icons look very cool, there
is a lovely, helpful looking dog with the mail in his jaws bringing you
the mail on the 'Get Mail' icon. Suddenly realized that many followers
of the Profit Muhammed will foam at the mouth when they see this;
apparently dogs are the raw manifestation of pure evil. [ I await
flagelation from hordes of toothbrush wielding Arabs =].
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)