This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up at midday, couldn't fetch my mail again; argh.
- Fixed a few Nautilus bugs.
- Realized I had misjudged the deadline for CBSE chapter,
it was yesterday; drat, feverish activity. Managed to get it down
to 15 pages, suffered the loathesome bugs in MS Word with 'big'
documents, 0 embedded images etc. just text, amazing.
- Updated gnumeric, updated the help merging code to take
an extra application prefix.
- Committed Nautilus fixes, the nicer bonobo dock code,
& a minor gnumeric fix.
- Upgraded my gnome-libs, now everything needs libdb.so.3
so everything has to be re-built before testing the bonobo release;
gack. Machine melts into a pile of slag as I rebuild everything.
- Touched up the CBSE chapter again and sent it off; phew.
- Nice phone call from Nat explaining the state of play
in the world as we know it.
- Found a seg-fault in gnumeric, assumed I was at fault;
after some work nailed a libglade bug; doh. Found minor toolbar item
buglet in bonobo, fixed up gtkhtml.
- Forgot to return to MarkF who wanted bonobo help for
gnome-print; exciting things brewing there...
- Added progress bar, status bar and auto-expr controls
to gnumeric, merged up changes to HEAD to account for gconf API
alterations stuffing me =)
- Discovered a rather cretinous buglet causing the status
bar to be re-build regardless of neccesity, nailed it. Started
building Nautilus in order to test it too. Polished evolution while
- Re-checkout Nautilus, drat too time consuming to build
and check at 3.00 am, ran out of disk space dist-checking bonobo;
can't wait for my new laptop.
- Since gnome-print has decided to find the correct fonts
for me I build the latest guppi3 and gnumeric. Wow! pretty funky
indeed, not only do we have beautiful graphs but they integrate
nicely and interactively with the spreadsheet; rocking. Also it
seems Jon added a few nice toolbar items to guppi3 standalone to
do things I couldn't find the button for :-) such as painting bits
of a data set by hand to highlight different regions.
- Wrote bonobo release notes whilst dist-checking.
- Discovered that they guy interested in converting
VB to guile was in fact not a crank, replied sensibly to him
without rant mode on. Learned that Maciej (mjs) is a guile
maintainer which I never realized; what a modest fellow.
- Mucked out my log, bed at 4.00am, why do I have my
quiet time in the evening again ?
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)