This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Awoke at 1.00 or so, unusualy early. Discovered too
late this was because the Dell chap had turned up with my new
Laptop and rung the bell, so it comes tommorow instead. 9 working
days order -> delivery; not bad for a customized laptop.
- Discovered lots of England is under water, sounds like
we are a 3rd world country or something, if you can't control your
water you are indeed in a bad way.
- Tried to make my candidacy mail for the Gnome foundation
board look convincing and funny ... without great success. I'm
wondering if 'Support wildlife -- vote for an orgy' is in good
- Helix down again for some reason, no mail, decided to
close some bonobo bugs in the bug-tracker as Alan suggested, down to
2 Normal and 1 wishlist; excellent.
- Overnight Andy 'accidentaly' committed a load of changes
to Bonobo and doesn't know how to back them out. Fair enough, but
for the fact that they break size allocation even more for the non-
exclusive case, and I have to do the work to extract the patches.
- The Meeks household is on one of its perennial economy
drives, so the heating is off and the temperature focuses the mind.
- Added loads of useful debug code to bonobo-win.c,
finaly discovered a bug so stupid that only I could have written it
in. Late night reoganization; doh.
- Fixed another couple of stupid bugs, now it seems
everything is working equitably again. Start chewing through
Morten's (much appreciated) purify logs.
- Phone call with Miguel about various Embeddable /
Control issues, I think I'm fully where he is now which is good.
- The amazing Italian committed his changes to the dock
so we can have sweet looking toolbars; great.
- Spent a long time replying to Dietmar's Storage /
Stream interface mail.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)