This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up at midday, tried to bring some more reason to the
studlycaps debate. Amusingly some people seem to find it incredible
that I would state a point against my own argument.
- Sorted out a minor Bonobo buglet.
- Spent an absolute age fixing all the headers in bonobo to
have the correct copyrights in them and trawling through the ChangeLog
to identify authors. Removed a load of ugly stale files; much needed
- Updated eog to see Martin's new image control, Federico's
still not committed the core changes needed for it; bother.
- Cleaned all the old UI handler crud / cruft out of xpdf,
so hopefully now I can kill the compat layer without ructions.
- More flamage on stdlycaps, my trusty friend Daniel ( of
studlycaps libXml fame leapt humourously to the rescue ). Wow, and
suddenly itp is talking sense too, and George is being happy and
reasonable, and Torsten is posting nice mail, wow. Mail volume up,
flamage down. Wow, and more flame bate on the language wars,
Guillaume Laurent stating the truth about Java vs. Guile. Wow. Good
grief, Martin seems to have flipped his lid temporarily, lets hope
its temporary. Had my own private flamewar with Owen, it's far less
fun with just 2, hopefully we can de-personalize it again.
- Ravi tells me my log is stuffed; seems an index.shtml
- Spoke to Sopwith, he's doing cool stuff with ORBit2,
which sounds great, checked it out and updated my Gnome 2.0 build.
Had a rather amusing IRC session with Sopwith and _Anarchy_ who
turned out to be Alan after a while.
- Spent ages transcribing the calendar's task editor UI
into XML so we can kill the compat stuff. Wow, it's tedious.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)