This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up at midday; updated gnumeric to Dietmar's now cleaned up
storage headers. Re-implemented D&D component creation in gnumeric so
it actualy works; moved most of the common code into bonobo.
- Advanced CORBA programming with C++ turned up, good section
on the DynAny interface.
- Bruce Perens complained about the lack of traffic on the
foundation list; replied to Dan Mueth about his mis-understanding of my
- Committed Jon K Hellan's toolbar patch, added some code to
allow the look (text + icon, icon, text + icon fallback) to be set
separately for the vertical / horizontal case ( if you like ), since I
_hate_ labels in the vertical case.
- Ettore getting excited trying to get the next Evolution out
on IRC; what fun this release game is, clearly we should release more
often, to see the hair fly.
- Fixed xpdf for Dietmar's bonobo changes.
- Tried to locate how a mystery reference counting problem
crept into bonobo, ahhah me being a dork; overenthusiastic use of a new
function I was excited about some months back.
- Noticed the scale of the leaks has returned almost to its
pre-leak hunting days; grrr. reference counting. Tommorow is leak
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)