This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Decided today the time was overripe to start researching
my presentation for Saturday in more depth. Installed the latest
magicpoint, got the latest freetype. Hammered on freetype until it
fit my system; pretty anti-aliased fonts at last.
- I suspect the projector will not appreciate 1400x1050 as
a screen size, time to fiddle with X.
- Off to Church to sleep with the homeless again, decided
to take the laptop to hack; if you read this it turned out to be a
- Implemented ASP support in gb via an evil hack 'gb web.asp'
now seems to work nicely for my noddy asp:
<%@ Language=VBScript %>
FirstVar = "Hello world!"
The time is: <%=time%> <BR>
<%For i=1 To 10%>
<%If Hour (time) > 18 OR Hour (time) < 4 Then%>
Good Night Everyone.
Good Morning Everyone.
The time is:
Good Night Everyone.
- So, at last; we can do totaly trivial web scripting in
an incredibly slow and ugly language; horay :-)
- My Dell Inspiron my need a pack horse to hump it from
A to B, but the battery hefts a powerful punch it seems.
- Took a break to feed some people, we have a young lady,
~18 on the streets for many years now. Sean the nice 40 year old is
back; very civil, even saving a small ammount of money whilst selling
'The Big Issue' on the streets. My cooking seemed not to poison them
as well; excellent.
- Up till 3 idly hacking on gb, implemented the 'Type'
construct ( parallel to C's struct ), got the demo VB FormDesign app
of Per's a lot more happy. With a little work on the menus, it would
look rather nice I think.
- Had a cup of coffee with Sean who couldn't sleep.
Talked about all manner of things; particularly disturbing accounts
of the wierd / mad people he knew, random stanley knife attacks etc.
Tried to sleep, fitfully succeeded.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)