This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Christmas day. Got up rather too late. Helped
prepare dinner and entertain various guests.
- Lovely dinner.
- Present opening session, all manner of good
things appeared. Mother liked her Mobile phone ( apparently
4.5 Million phones sold during Christmas shopping this year )
Father was rather stunned by the Trend TKE9 router we got him,
- NB. a router ( row-ter ) is a machine for routing
( row-ting ) wood, it can do all manner of clever cutting and
shaping things. NB. a router ( roo-ter ) is a machine for
switching IP packets ( roo-ting ) ie. creating a route
( root ) between A and B. ie. accept no substitutes for
- Got Flanders and Swan 'at the drop of a hat' on
CD - hillarious.
- Sung carols as the family in the evening along
with various other songs, all the cakes we've been making
for a while for tea.
- A tad of leisurly gb hacking in the evening, impl.
UBound, LBound, For Each.
- Studiously avoided reading E-mail.
- Watched Naked Gun - 'the smell of fear' some number
or other; rather good, then 'Carry on Camping' the TV ruins
Christmas games. We should be playing PIT or something.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)