This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- The last day of the 2nd millenium, what excitement.
Up early - totaly whacked.
- Church - childrens sermon: the sower and the seed,
NB. this is not a parable about evangelism, the fruit of the
spirit is altogether different - holiness. Lots of action songs
to demolish ones pride with.
- Home, dinner, played with Sodipodi, fixed a few
bonobo issues idly [ bad news hacking on Sunday ], cleared my
room, sorted remaining tax stuff.
- Some tea, and off to a party at Louise's. Excellent
company met several new friends of Louise's in particular an
extremely georgous lady: Julia, of penetrating intellect and
considerable wit, lives near Cambridge. Great Mexican food,
- Silly games, lots of burned cork marks on forehead etc.
- Dancing progressed; after considerable encouragement
we managed to reach parity of blokes with birds; [ ladies seemingly
being born with innate dancing talent ]. I gyrated ridiculously
as normal, but the general merriment sufficient to cover this.
- Managed to get into a champagne fight with Paul ( a
doctor friend ), both got it in our eyes - pain, luckily only the
cheap stuff. Fireworks, champagne and a kiss from the aformentioned
lady to start the new millenium, wow.
- Continued to make a fool of myself. Walked home and
hit the sack totaly knackered.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)