This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up at the very crack of dawn, no really exciting mail.
- Onto bus - traveled for ages and watched 'The Negotiator',
stopped at a Mc Donalds - bought some stuff, eat part of it and then
tasted my milk - tasted like there was washing up liquid in it - looked
at the date - 4 days past expiration. Hmm, binned the rest of the food
- Chewed some mail, started fixing Owen's bugs, nailed a
bonobo thinko. Finaly got to the hotel, had a beer with JP, Michelle
et al. To hotel room to hack.
- Off to the Jacob Javits centre, the booth is awesome, a
jungle look - all the other corporate booths are super predictable and
ultra ugly in comparison. We even have ambient jungle noise CDs
- Spent forever installing software on systems, upgrading
their Gnomes to Ximian GNOME, and building the latest CVS evolutions /
redcarpet / ximian setup tools. Also tweaking the huge plasma display
to try and get a good resolution for the larger demos.
- Met Leslie, and Tim Ney, the Gnome booth will have
fussball tables - wicked.
- Management vacuum, wandered round being officious and
asking people to do things, eventualy got to bed - Aaron had been
sleeping since 4.00.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)