This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Woken by the phone - Julia phoned me. Up, quick shower,
feeble quiet time, met her at the Kendal T, by the steaming globe
- Breakfast at the local bagel store, set off for the
barracks. Distracted by a red trolley bus tour on the way, got
jolted around the city.
- Stopped off at the Museum of Fine Art, enjoyed some
rather fine art, in some ways these museums are always too big,
and have too much in them. I'd rather know a lot about a few
things than a little about a lot of paintings. Wandered round
in a rather comfortably intertwined fashion.
- Waited for the bus and talked about life, very
charismatic bus driver apparently he went to the big dig website and it said
'under construction' - gags.
- Stopped off in the North end for a nice Italian meal.
- Wandered to some large white church something to do
with Revere's ride or somesuch. Listened to the guide's poem
about it all.
- Got the T back to the barracks, got some coffee,
sat around, and talked about life, stuff, improved quiet time.
T to Davis, bought some food and headed off to Rachel's
- managed eventualy to escape the freezing cold by
opening the doors after discovering at length that the outer
door was just a fly screen and was unlocked.
- Tea, bread and honey, 'night and T home. Got home
to meet Lauris in the flesh for the first time - great.
- Discovered a little, wrapped present of sweeties and
scripture under my pillow as I went to bed, shamed by my complete
lack of thoughtfulness at this level - lovely though.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)