This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Woken by a knocking at the door, J arrived. Coffee
in bed to wake up - wow, very spoiled. Lovely chat, sweet
- Showered while J painted her nails glittery pink,
chocolate and quiet time - Amos 1&2.
- Off to the Mall via the office. Huge lunch at the
Cheesecake factory, as usual far too much to eat, and too full
- Wandered round the shops, found a toaster for Rachel.
Looked at swim suits for J who needs one, rather too erotic
for me to cope with, very strange.
- To the bookshop for coffee, back to the office,
Taxi to the airport. Somehow got a gate pass without asking
for one. Said goodbye at length and with few words. Given another
pretty present - sigh, and watched the plane push back.
- Back in a Taxi feeling strange, happy and sad.
- Discovered the amusing flame war about the nature
of advertising, and various people getting hot under the collar,
dear oh dear oh dear. Nat wrote a very amusing initial reply with
things like "We also sponsor links on searches for Miguel de Icaza,
but no one thinks that we are trying to confuse Ximian GNOME with a
Mexican hacker", sadly it got pulled and we now have this.
Off to CBC with the lads for drinks and dinner - a great time.
- Said goodbye to Chema, it's been so good having him
around, he flies tommorow early.
- Bed - discovered another present - more shockingly
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)