This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up too early to go to London to get a Visa for India, what
fun. Discovered I had been unwittingly signed up for COMDEX Chicago,
with another paper deadline on Friday, and that I will be flying from
the US to GUADEC.
- Swallowed my first Lariam tablet - examined hair to see
if it turned green - as per Watchdog's new series entitled
"Scaremongering" - in which the terrible risks of everyday food
products are exposed.
- Churned mail, finaly found India House at the other end
of the Aldwych to that I expected. Realized I needed lots of
referees names and phone numbers: Hmm...
- Springy PCMCIA guard flap snapped off, leaving two springs
inside the laptop ( somewhere ) ... worrying.
- Wandered off down Kingsway and past the excellent PC
bookshop nr. Holborn down Southmampton Row and spotted J's office.
- Partial forgotten how good it was to be with J, very
pleasant indeed, wandered to the British Museum to see their new
covered Atrium, then Pizza at some out of the way placelet. Walked
back slowly in the rain, lunch breaks are too short. Another
mystery present - to open in India ... argh, too lovely.
- Hacked on the train, IDL compiler is churning out nice
interface type information. Choral Evensong on Radio 3.
- To the 'Caxton Arms' for a cell group social bash -
good to see everyone again.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)