This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Lost a day somewhere on a plane - how careless.
- Hacked away at Evolution's UI code a bit,
cmd / widgetifying where that was absent - easy, mind numbing
- Flew to Bombay ( or Mumbai as it is known by the
airline confusopoly ), paid 300 washers to the cab driver to
drive me a stupidly short distance. Had a big argument with
him about how much I was going to pay him - he eventualy gave
up pushing his luck.
- Discovered I had to buy a ticket to Bangalore, did
so and met Martin SomeOneOrOther from SuSe(phone) who is doing
a talk on KDE or somesuch. Nice to have someone to discuss stuff
- Sat next to an interesting Indian guy on the plane,
discussed politics, electricity de-regulation, Hinduism,
Christianity, Islam, Tibet, Kashmir, Demographics - much of
- Retrieved luggage and met Dan at the airport, back
to a hotel to sleep.
- Up for dinner, met Ravi and his lady friend, gave
them some monkeys, eat lots of strange looking, but good tasting
Indian food. Talked a lot with Martin and Erasmus - Mr PhP. sorted
out Ravi's presentation afterwards.
- Fitful sleep, no Indian driver seems content unless
he is beeping his horn every few seconds as he veers round passing
pedestrians, motorbikes and cows - even at night.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)