This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up early, breakfast at 8.00am - lots of curious
Indian food, eat rather circumspectly - tasted ok.
- Collected our 'speaker T-shirts' and off to the
conference in a taxi with Damian Conway ( Mr Perl II ),
Rasmus Lehrdof ( Mr PhP ), Ravi and myself.
- Wandered round looking at stuff, sat through a
load of sessions.
- Lethal looking, but nice tasting lunch, met
- Martin Konold's KDE talk suffered laptop
failure and a power cut - poor chap, he coped very well
- Ravi's talk was not helped by the projector -
the source code being somewhat illegible.
- My talk went ok-ish, somewhat tired and slightly
less enthusiastic than normal - unusualy overran. Panel on
encouraging people to contribute to Gnome - lots of good
- Persuaded Martin to refer to GNOME as GNome
instead of GnomE, to much merriment.
- Back to the Hotel to freshen up, and off to
a local restaurant for food and drink - Martin's getting
married soon apparently, and Frank & Grace told how they
met and married.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)