This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up at a sensible time, advancing cold, moving down
to the chest. Optimized Bonobo's memory usage with a couple of
trivial hacks - controls are leaner. If only we could slim the
ORB more - had an idea.
- Spammed Miguel with a big analysis paper. Created a
nice gdk-pixbuf bug report - complete with screenshots, and
discovered that www.gnome.org had been manhandled some, and that
nothing was live anymore - strange.
- Printed out the 'Basic Argument and Result Passing'
Table 1-2 of the C language mapping CORBA spec for the umpteenth
time. It's quite a mystery to me where they disappear to.
- Hacked on XST for a while - nice, nice, nice. Wow,
it's so satisfying programming in Perl, no wonder Damian has a
smile on his face. And the frontends look sexy, so essentialy
lots of result, very little effort - nice.
- Miguel phoned, fun fun, he's ill so needs prayer,
told him how nice XST is inside.
- Updated my scripts to upload stuff to canvas.gnome.org.
- Re-reported my gdk-pixbuf bug, but had no time to
submit it to 'bugzilla' - anything requiring yet another password
is a waste of time. Updated Eog to use bilinear instead of hyperbolic
interpolation by default.
- Picked Julia up from Preston Park in the rain - somehow
it seems to always rain when J comes :-) Bed late.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)