This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up early. Off to Church, sermon on Acts 18-19
very encouraging. 1 size does not fit all. Some were baptised and received the
Holy Spirit, but Apollos only needed some further explanation. Prayed to be re-filled with
- Back for dinner, played piano with Thomas, washed up, sat around and
talked about various things. Didn't see enough of Thomas - bother. Wrote to Owen trying to
make peace, or at least work out if there was in fact conflict.
- Off to Music group practice, saw Ben & had a great practice. Talked to Tim about
women, he claims that if they go to buy you socks, its not because you need socks, but because
they want you to get them some. Contemplated socks.
- Sermon on 2 Corinthians 11:1-15
the importance of the free Gospel of grace. Distracted from the sermon, thought about Adrian Plass'
"Sacred Diary" instead. Realised that I didn't really think heaven was a nice place to be either
at heart - then had this lovely tingling feeling of approval and acceptance, and realized that being
with a God who loves you is a rather georgous thing and that I was being daft.
- After a while realized that, much like in my relationship with J. being too tense, and
worried about being good and making her happy means I don't enjoy it, it's like that with God. Very
pleased and amazed that God can love even me.
- Hot chocolate and Dohnuts after the service - wow it's good going to Church.
- Off to the pub with Ben, cleared the air a bit and had a great conversation
about relationships, life, foot and mouth, the weather. Very encouraged that he's still a good
friend by the following exchange - "... but I never expected to have such an attractive girlfriend",
"indeed, she is extremely pretty; you know what they say? - opposites attract :-)" - so true,
fell about laughing.
- Home, scolded Mother for staying up late and reading instead of going to bed -
the sweet irony of it all, to bed myself.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)