This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up early, waiting for the ADSL man to arrive.
- ADSL man arrived, connected the line in about 3 minutes
and proceeded to give a very laboured explanation of DSL technology.
Very fast demo.
- Set it up on my laptop under windows - fine.
- Grabbed a spare PC, RH 7.1Beta, spent ages building new
kernels using a very duff, very old set of instructions - as linked
from the Speedtouch drivers. Here
is the best source of documentation.
- Spent for ever re-building my kernel on the slow machine
before building on my laptop and uploading it.
- Julia arrived at 10.00pm, still no joy. Off to a frenetic
looking pub for a drink.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)