This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up early, no obvious sickeness, excellent.
Hacking by 8.15am.
- Talked to Martin, and got a Gnome 2.0 build
environment up and running and into some sort of shape.
- Hacked a little on print-conf while things
were building, hit another uncertainty and stopped.
- dist-hook build patches to Maciej and Havoc,
committed them both.
- Today all the trendy, high tech officey type
toys arrived, big comfortable sofas, and bar tables &
stools, and all manner of things such as that. Sat on a
big yellow squashy thing, while hacking to improve the
creative juice flow.
- Big direction discussion with Miguel, felt
- Hacked at libbonobo franticaly, after a while
started to get pins and needles in my legs - too much
- Killed bonobo-xobject, merging it into
bonobo-xobject, for nice cleanliness wins [ keeping full
source compatibility of course ], sweet. Broke
GenericFactory - sigh.
- Harold came round to complain that the new
bonobo wasn't building - wow, the first complaint rolled in
before it had even built for the first time :-) and all
this despite the humungous warning.
- Much more bonobo fixage with Martin, ultra
speed parallel programming.
- Read a chunk of the gcc code base, tested
my BSE agent.
- Back to the cave at 11.00pm.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)