This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Saturday, up earlyish - J already awake. Set off to
- Breakfast, and then shopping - had some running shoes,
socks and shorts bought for me, ominous indeed.
- Dragged home reluctantly, changes [ J looks extremely
good in her running kit - making it almost worthwhile ], and went
for a run.
- Turned out good - managed to keep up and not get
overly knackered. A lovely sunny day too, running along the side
of the Charles river with people sailing on the river nearby, and
the grass looking so green ( the pre-burned out look ). Lovely.
- Home, shower, to Park Street. Had a Finagled' bagel
[ they have a circular saw mounted above a conveyer belt to slice
the bagels which is most fun ] and sat around in the park eating
- Onto the office, tried to buy tickets for the 'Blue Men'
but they had stopped selling them 5 minutes earlier - argh.
- Sat around talking to Miguel and Anna for a while,
good to talk more deeply, learned lots of interesting things.
- Instead went for Mexian food ( same place ) with
Miguel & Anna, Alex & Ffej.
- Left early to go and see Memento, a rather
confusing film, not inasmuch as threading the plot together - that
was somewhat trivial - but getting the big picture seems impossible.
Also, to what extent he could in fact alter his past memories was
- Last T back to the barracks with Harold. A rather
prolongued stint of 'drain' unblocking. Whereas a British loo
has an approximately 6" diameter pipe, and a simple U bend [
and almost never blocks ], the American version [ despite the
culturaly rampant big is beautiful maxim ] has a ~ 3" pipe
which proceeds to pointlessly wiggle all over the shop. What fun.
- Bed late.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)