This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up very late - lay in bed trying to recover
sleep debt fitfully - rather unsuccessful.
- Processed more mail, lots of nice patches
from Martin, a solution from Federico for my netscapee
woes (add to .Xdefaults)
- Kicked bugs out of package 'bonobo' on bugzilla,
for some reason people seem to love to submit totaly unrelated
bugs to my package, perhaps I'm the default field. Time to
rename bonobo to zbonobo.
- Grabbed some python tar balls from here thanks to
Johan Dahlin - very good looking cooking indeed.
- Released bonobo-1.0.3 with Federico's focus fixes,
George's sensitivity work and some other misc. fixes.
- Grabbed gstreamer
to have a look at what's going on - libxml grief, refused to build -
sigh. IIRC the 'correct' DV solution is to pollute the global include
namespace with 'tree.h' etc. to make it build with both libxml 1
- Started a new e-mail chess game with James, Jpr is
working on the gnome-chess bonobo component - so hopefully chess
inside evolution will be there soon.
- Cleared my mail Queue ... onto hacking.
- Built a HEAD gnome 2.0, whilst playing with gcc.
- Finaly got the toy language frontend ported to gcc 3.1
with a minimum of understanding, beggining to get more familiar with
the delightful 'it must build on any C compiler' syntax, complete
extern tree build_function_decl PARAMS ((char *, int));
lang_print_xnode(file, t, i)
FILE *file ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED;
... etc ...
- Got the ggc garbage collection thing working, hacked
around the poisoning of malloc / free ( as auto-generated by
flex ). Uploaded a new mangled toy.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)