This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up late, very lazy - bad, didn't mail J' in time, argh.
- Made bonobo honour the "have_icons_in_menus" setting, that
I never knew existed.
- Realised ORBit2 is totaly broken, the fast local case
just doesn't work eg. sigh. more work.
- Managed to fix several of the issues, stubs / skels /
common compile in a warning free fashion - nice. Got the idl compiler
producing nice skels, very nice in fact eg.
gpointer * _ORBIT_args,
CORBA_Environment * ev,
const CORBA_any * inArg,
CORBA_any * inoutArg,
CORBA_any ** outArg,
CORBA_Environment * ev))
*(CORBA_any * *)_ORBIT_retval =
_impl_opAnyLong(_ORBIT_servant, (const CORBA_any *) _ORBIT_args,
*(CORBA_any * *)_ORBIT_args,
(CORBA_any **) _ORBIT_args, ev);
- Halved the stripped size of the skels - only half.
- Got the support marshaler hacked into the poa, realized
I wasn't supporting CORBA_Contexts - hmm. ignored for now.
- Started to impl. the shrunk de-marshaler, had a funky
idea for a recursive fn. to alloca space for some of the args. in a
readable & efficient way. Got super simple cases working.
- Rested on laurels instead of discovering the next evil
problem - Quit while you're ahead!
- Back home - watched Tivo with Taylor and his friend David.
Taylor had not drunk enough to make his reactions slow enough such
that the Tivo went back to the right spot. I think Tivo should use
cuts to sync it's rewind - easy to detect. Stayed up very late
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)