This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up not very late at all, strangely woke up a few seconds
before the alarm went off - remembered this happening before
frequently. Does that mean that I wake a lot in the night and look at
the clock and go to sleep again without remembering ? perhaps I should
try with the clock facing away.
- Off to work - had printed another copy of the infamous
Table 1-2, the famished document swallower must have passed during
- Only in America do they have power assisted staplers -
especialy when it's drasticaly worse than a standard stapler, since
Stapled it together.
- It swallows batteries.
- It obscures the location that will be stapled,
garenteeing an incorect positioning.
- You can fit your finger in the thing.
- It costs far more.
- Free Pizza dinner - what fun.
- Bad news - J. goes to Australia for 6 months in July,
sigh - our life.
- It looks like Yoann Vandoorselaere from MandrakeSoft
did some great detailed analysis on Nautilus performance issues, and identified
a nice bottleneck with a somewhat trivial fix - load the directory
asynchronously where it wasn't doing so.
- Tried to extricate myself from a sticky fix in my
E-mail chess game with James - e4 e5, f4 exf4, d4 Qh4+, g3 fxg3,
Bg2 gxh2, Kd2 hxg1=Q, Qxg1 ... if only I'd know that I should have
done Kf2 instead of d4 - apparently common knowledge.
- Idly implemented corba context's [ with a CORBA context
you can associate a sequence of strings with any method - hmm ].
- Back to the cave for Friends the Simpsons and bed.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)