This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up very early ~ 7.00am, breakfast and Richard took
me to the station on the way to work.
- Bought a 'Linux Format' - interesting, mostly
accurate - some amusing typos, eg. consistantly calling CORBA
COBRA in an article on Soap [ appeases the spell checker no
- Hacked away at ORBit specific profiles and unix
domain sockets. Discovered more horrendous brokenness in linc,
argh - it's just a total mess.
- Got to Julia's, more investigation.
- Julia arrived home, looking georgeous as usual.
- Headed off for Cambridge and eventualy managed to
find Sean and Abbie's - the directions involved a white stone -
there being rather a number of prominant white stones cunningly
placed as red herrings.
- Found them in the end, by the power of mobile
telephony. Got changed, and chatted, met Sean's sister Sarah.
- Formal hall at Downing, very pleasant - lots of old
friends turned up which was quite lovely, off to the Bar
afterwards for table football and misc. interesting discussion.
- Back to Sean & Abbie's and then to their old home for
bed, talked to J for a while & slept.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)