This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Woken by squeak of my bedroom door - J' sleeping in my
bed [ nice and hard ], me sleeping in my Brothers room. Got up.
- Breakfast, a nice sunny day - then set off for "Devil's
Dyke", where we went for a little walk towards Truly Hill, very lovely,
a clear day - could see for miles. Lots of hang-gliding, and paragliding
going on - a rather packed sky.
- Back to the pub at the top for a light lunch, and studied
Wayne Grudem's excellent "Systematic Theology" for a little, the
distinction between 'common' and 'saving' grace, very interesting.
- Back home, and had a snooze with J - so tired, lovely to
sleep with her in my arms.
- Parents arrived home - checked my mail, hmm. Depressing
- Lovely birthday dinner cooked by Mum, Dad & J'.
- A whole smorgasboard of nice presents from Julia, quite
unexpected really. A lovely backpack for my laptop - to stop me getting
severe back strain - really hard to find for my model. A nice book, and
underwear to replace those with obvious ( and embarrasing ) holes :-)
- Sadly said g'bye to J' - we've been together for ages now
it seems hard to be apart again.
- To work on the mail mountain - flamage everywhere. We the
senseless, led by the clueless are doing the useless to obstruct the
sensible. Argh, politics and interfering non-contributors.
- Sadly, the nice, humble, active hacker, who has been
working on Gnome 2.0 for the longest got sick of it and walked away.
Simply because he is too nice to fight the morons, gargh.
- Mark McLoughlin started sending me nice patches for
ORBit2 - wow, what a hero, this is cool.
- Chewed some conference and other more long term stuff.
- Looked at the ongoing gb work - nice.
- Wracked brains for nicer things for J's B/Day, soon.
- Stayed up rather late. Sleep.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)