This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Couldn't sleep, up at ~4.30am to hack. Made tea for J'
at 6.30am - she's off to London for a day work - and I get to keep
The Economist to read - wow.
- Eazel's profiler is nice, caught a serious inefficiency
in Bonobo UI code's handling of stock pixmaps, essentialy converting
each stock icon -> GdkPixbuf: nastily wasteful.
- Hacked at 'prof' a while, added a dump stats to stderr
feature, and some command line options for short lived programs.
- Nailed one bottleneck in the UI code, ~ 40% faster for
my test case - is it good enough ? sent patch to Alex.
- Looked at ORBit2 again, encouraging mail from Mike who
is sorting out the compound document mess in Bonobo 2.0 - excellent.
- Slept all afternoon - very tired. J' woke me up on
returning from work.
- Out in the evening with Ryan ( a US weapons operator,
co-pilot type person ), and 2 friends of Myriam's from Holland.
- Back, sat around with candles, J' very georgeous.
- Slept like a log.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)