This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Mail processing, did a bonobo release with the various
improvements of the last aeon. Listened to 'True' Euphoria - quite
- Did a gb release ... lots of nice work going on there
from Ravi, Frank and others.
- Caught myself folding my pyjamas - what a worrying
influence this young lady is having on me.
- Went shopping for J' shaped presents with some
success - spent a small fortune on new leather soled, stitched
shoes - if the soles on these don't stay on, I don't know what
will. Rubbed the soles with wet and dry paper to improve their
mew. [ 2 cats on a roof, which one falls off first ? - the one
with the smaller mew ].
- Re-built all of gnome2 after the glib header move,
hmm - cunning. Got ripped by the parents for not telling them I
was eating out.
- Off to cell group, very interesting. Met a guy called
'Tim' from Pembroke, a Doctor - lived with Rob Waller, a christian
I knew from Downing whilst being medical. Told me that a "your
relationship with God is what it's all about, a wife is just
someone you walk with for a time" - very apt. I keep forgetting
- Discovered that if I get up super on Friday I can
delay setting off for Manchester until another day. Managed
to get the new Red Hat print-tool to setup my printer at last.
- Mostly ported libbonobo to ORBit2, only the legacy
config compat code left, discovered I needed to port bonobo-config
first ... did that, fairly easy mercifuly.
- BT Openworld net connection died ... Bed.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)