This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Tracked down a very silly ORB random key
generation bug. Wrote a rather foolish mail to Julia.
- The server's HDD seems to have died in a
strange way - almost as if it's not powering up properly.
Switched round the power connectors inside ... hope it
will stay working - or my internet connection goes with it.
- Grabbed autoconf-2.52, let the borkage begin!
- Mike Kestner committed his nice compound doc
cleanup - and interface savaging exercise. We are now nice
and clean, at last - after all this time.
- Bed around 6.00am, up again at 2.00pm.
- Nice mail from Julia, she pointed out that I
should link to the Church website, whilst
the Vicar was [ this week ] preaching from his IMac (
probably due to a lack of time / need to print the
sermon ), sadly it's not on-line.
- Jody's IRC nick changed to jody_dad today,
"Ryan Solomon Goldberg" 3.25 Kg 53cm - excellent news.
- Added a --version switch to orbit-idl so we
can actualy detect what serial revision the thing is
compiling at. Continued forward porting, and re-hashing
Alex's UI speedups from recent bonobos.
- Went for a run to the post office - it had
just shut when I arrived, I should run faster clearly -
- Lots of nice work & fixes from Martin gone
into libbonoboui, robustness and completness work.
- Discovered my flight to Australia was going
to cost twice what I thought it would; sigh.
- Eat up the Lamb Caserole that had been
languishing in the fridge for 4 days [ after
microwaving ] - probably be the death of us.
- Told my Brother off for building too much
of his life around computers & computer games - shortly
afterwards had a long time of being shown painful things
about my badly laid life foundations by God.
Pride comes before a fall. Feeling rather miserable
about life, spent a long time with God.
- Back to the fray, finished porting the
faster UI attr set / get stuff.
- Christian assures me that the GStreamer RPMS are
working nicely now - and that one should be able to build
just fine now.
- Fixed a stupid set of exception problems in
ORBit2 - double free & a more cunning one, we now marshal
unknown exceptions quite safely. Realised we could really
use a 'shallow copy' method in the ORB.
- Read more of the "Bang-Bang Club", lying in bed
watching my E-mail flow for anything from J. Back to work,
feverishly hacking at orbit-small's type library loading
code, we need an internal, separate type registry as well
it seems ... or to fabricate full class information.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)