This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up early, 2 mails from J queued - 1 normal, 1
a lovely poem, what a nice way to start the day.
- Started processing other mail, remembered
Owen's kind response to the modality problems in Evolution.
Specced up what we needed to do in Evolution to get modality
right and fired it off.
- Ploughed through at-spi re-hashing the IDL, and
the mass of include guards and stuff in it. Committed some
- Seth decided to make gnome-vfs depend on
libbonobo, which is great. Finaly at last we're starting to
build a fully componentized desktop from the foundations up.
- Now the Gnome 2.0 deadline is only 2-3 working days
away - processed my TODO, ruthlessly extracted all the API bugs,
estimated times for them all and prioritized.
- Committed some ORBit2 work, chased Gergo's bug
with resolving monikers. Fixed brokenness in libbonobo, and
- It's very, very hot. Re-built lots of Gnome 2.0
while I was on the phone. My friend Kate is going into labour
- Made oaf report a sensible, translated exception
for the error case I found, test exception, fix the underlying
error in libgnome, now I get to the real problem - at last.
- Wrote to J', 350 lines - must be going out of my
tiny mind a fruitcake for a Girl.
- Committed a fix for bonobo-object destruction,
and help chaining to "destroy" in impls.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)