This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up early, plenty of time for panicing today -
the Gnome 2.0 library freeze day. Started chewing mail.
Dreamed about the freeze last night , and having an argument
with Owen about versioning structures for some reasons, and
some whacked out stuff.
- Horay - Gergo has been doing some really
excellent work with GClosures in the Bonobo API while I was
asleep - wow. And Martin has taken on the ORBit2 scripting
support very nicely.
- Maciej came up with a very sensible proposal for
moving towards a more sensible Oaf / Bonobo relationship in
Gnome 2.0 - it's good to work together more constructively.
- More API review work from Jamil Geor - excellent.
- Breakfast - in a hurry.
- The fix for gmodule's libtool lib loading went
in finaly - excellent, can get back to finishing ORBit2's
type loading and registration. Vitualized some of the canvas
methods we need virtual for libbonoboui - couldn't remember
quite which ones Mike wanted - so reserved some vtable space
- Added a broken connection signal to
linc-connection, built Gail.
- My lovely girl phoned my up from a Melbourne
hotel, talked for a while, beautiful.
- Merged up the first part of the Gergo's GClosure
work - adapting it to be more backwards compatible - tested
and committed. Onto fixing the Listener interface - which I
had forgotten about in a fit of foolishness. Then back to
more GClosure work of my own, nice reports from Zilch on
precicely which ones need work.
- Chris phoned up, at Nana's - wanted someone to
go down and play some music to her, since she's unresponsive,
argh - so busy.
- GClosurized bonobo-ui-component, took too long,
fixed a juicy bug in bonobo_closure_invoke. Martin got his
idl-compiler fixes all in place. Nailed bonobo-moniker-simple.
Started debugging another moniker issue - oaf being unhelpful
with exceptions again; posted a patch.
- Reviewed Mark's poa virtualization code, looks like a nice
cleanup, although I'm not sure quite how useful writing ones own
object adaptors might be. Dietmar's moniker re-write went in -
we're looking almost peachy.
- Linc distcheck'd just fine, ORBit2 distcheck'd more
painful - need to install tex for some stupid reason. Committed
my oaf patch, and now the re-organisation starts. Maciej and I
created the new master.gnome.org gnome2/ ftp directory, uploaded
- Got on with ORBit2's type registry - got a skeleton
implementation together - plenty of room for performance
improvement - which is good. Wrote to Julia.
- Talked to Elliot Re: release notes for ORBit2.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)