This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up at 7.30am, not a good sleep strategy. Off to work,
beat most people in.
- Started committing stuff I did on the plane, pushed mail.
- Wrote to J at length, partook of the marvels of 'fresh
city's chicken ceaser wrap & the Ximian coffee machine.
- Mark been doing nice work, Cody doing some cleans, good
good. Spammed Martin with my thoughts on libgnomeui. Talked to Jacob
- Posted my transient stuff to Ettore / the evolution list,
now to try and merge it into libbonoboui. Finaly nailed the nasty
build bug. Did an ORBit-2.3.93 release with some of the leak fixes
and Mark's new object adaptor work.
- Discovered one of our distro hackers emerging from the
toilet with laptop in hand - now that is dedication; productivity
around the clock regardless of location.
- Miguel persuaded me to air my 'Self Help' programming
tips weekly thing to a wider audience; posted the first article,
await the flames with bated breath.
- Tried to solve the acute 'laptop time' problems on
my machine. Now 'date' thinks it's the right time, but the foobar
think's it's 5 hours ahead - hmm. Discovered you need to change
the timezone manualy in evolution - did so. Pointed out the (now)
acute performance problems in the calendar rendering to Daemon,
they have to get fixed now.
- Re-released ORBit2; sigh, can't spell equivalent,
added some regression tests to make sure it won't happen again.
Released a fixedup libbonobo2.
- Off to Central for an Indian meal with Anna, Ettore,
and a crowd. Felt knackered. Bed 11.00pm.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)