This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up late, breakfast & off to 'Manley' in a sea cat
ferry thing. Walked up to the North point ( curiously at the
south of the spur ).
- Decided that however pretty the place is, there will
always be a nicer place you'll find round the corner - so decided
the particular quiet viewpoint with cliffs, sea, and sun would do
- One knee - blathered incoherently; but she said "yes,
of course" :-) managed to extract the ring from it's various
packagings and put it on her pretty hand - so, wow. Rather
awestruck at my boldness.
- Now I'm a Financie - or something :-) hopefully that
means I'm rich - which is certainly true now.
- The girl cried which was quite disconcerting, she
claimed happiness, but I suspect terror.
- Walked back to the ferry in the sunset, getting
altogether more happy with the prospect and less nervous, dinner
at a nice cafe / restaurant place.
- Back home to tell the parents.
- My Mum - to Julia "arn't you being a little rash ?" :-)
- J's Dad - "as I told him, you'll have to do what she says".
- J's Mum - "yes he is being a bit rash"
- Sue - somewhat muted.
- J's Granny - "I'm not much to look at", "I'll tell you a
secret - neither am I".
- Tea, BS & bed.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)