This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up late, talked to Radek and Trow. Went
to buy some clothes, got the Lechmere T to Fenway,
got to the office.
- Went on a covert mission routing around in
Miguel's office ( in the dark - somehow his lighting is
poor ), until I found my power cord I left with him.
- Phoned J' - not in, phoned the parents,
told them I'd be back Friday, not today.
- Sucked E-mail - 1300 messages, got some
100Mbit red-carpeting action; good.
- Committed my libbonoboui radio button
fixage, committed the eog image viewer fixups. Started
re-building the system. Closed some bugs.
- Wrote my status report & sent it in.
- Out for a burrito with Jon, Alex & met Nat
on the way. Added some libbonoboui regression tests,
merged an autotools patch into bonobo stable. Fixed
the (ancient) Eog bug in bonobo stable.
- Got the bonobo bugzilla bug count down to 0
by the judicious method of closing all the bugs; why
didn't I think of that before ?
- Poked at the GStreamer release, and I see
that the guys are going to switch to a pure Gnome 2.0
tree - excellent news, should streamline everything
- Wrote some task breakdowns for the machine
to process, getting somewhat tired.
- Back to the barracks with Jon via 'Dunkin
Dohnuts' [ for my toasted bagel & cream-cheese fix ],
stopped off at CBC for a couple of pints and a good
- Discussed the exponential evils of hard
core dependency resolution - oh yes, then to bed.
Somewhat overwhelmed by the blessing of having work to
enjoy, interesting people to be with, and best a warm
bed to sleep in, wow.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)