This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Couldn't sleep again - up at 5.00am, installed
the latest AbiWord - works nicely embedded inside evolution
it seems. Back to bed.
- Up later; missed breakfast with J' - very silly.
Chewed mail, remembered to pray mid-mail, attacked some
blocker bugs. Announced the recent slew of releases.
- Branched all my modules so I could commit tiny
patches without release team approval; gnome-2-0-0 is the 2-0-0
- Committed Huw's latest ORBit stable patch, and
did an ORBit-0.5.17 release, minor fixes. Talked to Alex about
a new eel / vfs capability API closer to what we need for nautilus.
- Branched eel, nautilus for gnome-2-0-0, bumped versions
- Went into town, the post office chap tried to not give
me a letter for me because he wanted a red card for each, despite
showing him my passport. Got both in the end. Then to the Bank,
they refuse to move the account into our joint name, despite having
Julia's passport, driving license, marriage certificate, the lot [
and being told that would be ok a week ago ]. Apparently I might be
a terrorist, - Natwest - bank elsewhere [ of course the
Co-Op bank managed this more efficiently it seems ].
- Upon getting home discovered one of the letters forwarded
that I paid 69pence to get was a message from Debenhams, i quote
We are delighted to tell you that there are gift vouchers
worth �0, waiting at the store for your collection, somewhat
less than delighted to find that out.
- Committed the eel/nautilus fix to HEAD for D&D of
- J' arrived home, went shopping - meeting several
people at Tesco; back for macaroni cheese of a very superior
variety. Read the paper naughtily instead of talking to Julia
for a bit, before repenting of my meanness.
- Nice evening together, bed.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)