This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up early, dreaming of having got involved with
some hand gun and accidentaly killed people and having to
file the thing out of shape so it couldn't be proved it was
me - the affect of the USA.
- Poked at the LinkSys wavelan thing; had to
use the windows laptop to do the initial setup, then I could
use the web interface. Quite why there is a Qt GUI for the
same thing is rather beyond me, since it doesn't seem to do
- Poked for a LinkSys WPC11 driver and found one
Tried to get the module stuff to work, it seems the kernel
people knew about me when they did their versioning; bother.
Upgraded to the right kernel version.
- Sent off my gnome-mag patch. Replied to Bill,
explaining in more detail why I was appalled. Committed
Darren's ORBit2 Java interoperability patch, good.
- Poked at the file-method flakiness with trash,
an absence of crucial locking it seems, added some
protection. Everyone; write threaded code !
- Fixed a silly with the BonoboWindow status bar
/ dock containment. More gnome-mag fixing, and gnopernicus
- Managed not to find cvs root on CVS, wasted
Jacob's time: bother. /cvsroot is not the root, /cvs is.
Had an animated discussion with Bill Re: at-spi.
- Fired off a huge patch and set of comments on
the gnopernicus code - which is somewhat tangled and
confused it seems.
- J' home, played guitar with her - started doing
note lengths, and clapping rythems, amazing how much you
take for granted.
- Finished GEP-1, ORBit2 C++ bindings, and posted
it to the list. Nice pasta dinner, phone home; Thomas got his
A-level results, AABD Maths, Physics, F. Maths, Chemis-tree.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)