This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up: to work, sized up the situation. Bruce & Anne
arrived to go on an Ikea outing with a couple of the children. H.
off to school & on an outing - leaving me & Dad to get to
- Unpacked the cupboards & managed to move one
double fitted cupboard set out, and switch it for another single one
with relative ease.
- Headed out to Ridgeons / homebase for spares. Thankfully
the nice chap in Homebase gave us a spare bit of formica trim of the
right colour to finish the edge.
- Repeatedly measured & cut the new work-top to size,
and around the new fridge & fitted that, cut & filed the
aluminium trimming into shape.
- Picked H. up from school on the bike - amazingly it's
easier cycling up the hill with her on-board, since she pedals so
- Cut a handy, similarly veneered shelf
down to size for the base-board, and got it ~all re-assembled by the
time everyone returned.
- Tea & coffee & catch-up with Bruce & Anne.
Knocked up a shelf for the microwave fitting snugly next to the
existing cupboards, got that cut up & installed nicely. Knocked
off for dinner, tired.
- Up late doing a suduko-like puzzle of connecting
'bridges', remarkably fun, albeit requiring concentration. Bed late.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)