First page Back Continue Last page Graphics

What do we call this?


Those people-who-tinker-and-make-things have been called by various names.

Formal academia is identifying patterns in all of these subcultures, and they converge around commons-based (everyone working on roughly the same thing, with roughly the same materials) peer-to-peer production (people coordinating in an ad-hoc fashion instead of using a hierarchical structure).

I don't have a good name to encompass everything, so for now I'll just call it “The Systems of Free Infrastructure”.