Sabayon User Assignment UI
(These are just some scribbled design notes for a dialog in
- Need a way to associate users with a profile and vice versa
- Use cases:
- Create a new profile; want to say which users use that profile
- Create a new user; want to say which profile that user should use
- User changes roles; want to change which profile she uses
- User quits job; remove the user
- Most of the above use cases are operations on a specific user - they
belong in the UI for managing users, rather than the UI for managing
profiles - e.g. system-config-users
- Lets just deal with the profile side of things for now - it'll be
a slightly more clunky UI for most use cases, but it will do
- Where to put the dialog? Select profile, click on "Users" button?
- Hmm, that's getting a bit crowded. How about:
- What should be in the dialog?
- The name of the profile
- The list of users using that profile
- Some way to add more users to the list
- Ticking a box for each user seems a little clunky ... any better ideas?
Its much of a muchness, really. I think I prefer the first one.
- One thing to brear in mind with this UI is that its possible to assign
a user to more than one profile. Best thing to do is probably just
automatically disassociate the user from other profiles before associating
with a profile.