First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Product Engineering on Linux ...
C++ ABI breaks per-distribution, per version
- Solution: mandate a C++ compiler version
- Compile/ship every C++ dependency yourself
Many distros don't ship with XYZ library
- box product targets RH ~7.x -> FC2, old SUSE's etc.
- dlopen all but the most stable of system libraries
Micro release / update size
- no low-level ABI changes with knock-on effects
Ultra conservative release engineering
- better an avoidable crasher bug, than an obvious fix ?
Portability to win32/OSX – include every module
autotools-arn't – heavy dmake / perl usage