This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Woken by a cup of tea - wow. Up too late, rapid
washing action and sped off to J's parents for lunch.
- Met Sue and Mr & Mrs Griffin, most congenial people. Saw
many of the clever and beautifuly crafted machines ( minature clocks
and mechanical instruments ) that Mr G. had made and sold to all
manner of people, HRH, Sultan of Brunai et al.
- It seems the Griffins live in an area called 'The Warren'
where Rabits proliferate, apparently there is a nice man who comes and
gasses them - problem is, he always leaves 2.
- Lovely dinner, retired to watch the boat race afterwards,
( on video ), confidantly predicted Cambridge's win, which of course
they did in style - even after Oxford could well have been
disqualified at the beggining.
- Off for a walk on the beach, mist and fog - but unusualy
no rain, talked to Mr G. about all manner of interesting things.
- Back home for tea, and sat around and listened to much
interesting Julia background - turns out she is a crack shot with
an air pistol as well.
- Left laden with stuff for Julia. Stopped off at a pub
on the way home, guiness, crisps, draughts. Discussed (post) modernism
in the car - J's explanation is far more complicated than mine with
Meta Narritives and things in it - mine has the downside of being
broadly wrong. Very interesting to share analysis of the contemporary
- Back home, J. cooked dinner while I hacked - shockingly
un-liberated. Tried to organise my life, but got a gal/evolution
cockup and couldn't.
- Carbonara with cheese and stuff - lovely.
- Talked for ages, told Julia about how stupid I was in
Boston 14/2 - she cried, felt desparately awful. Read the Bible
together & went to bed.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (email@example.com)