This is my (in)activity log. You might like to visit my employer
Novell which is an amazing company, and also
Dell who in days of yore provided me with a
free laptop for Gnome development / conferences.
Also if you have the time to read this sort of stuff you could enlighten
yourself by going to Unraveling Wittgenstein's net or if
you are feeling objectionable perhaps here.
Stuff Michael Meeks is doing
- Up very late, Saturday.
- Off to the Mall to buy some replacement running shorts -
hmm. Finagled a bagel on the way - impossible to eat without getting
plastered in cream cheese.
- Got back to the office - had an huge argument with Miguel
[ and everyone ] about Cannabis.
It seems several issues are being confused, but mostly the reaction is
against the unrealistic, and unethical manipulation of the penal and
legal systems in America by politicians.
- Bought some tickets for 'The Usual Suspects' tonight.
- Asked Miguel's permission and tried to phone Julia -
after a protracted period of frustration ascertained that 011 is the
right invocation - not there, or asleep at 10.00pm, hey ho.
- ORBit2 hacking, trying to write a CORBA_Context
- I discovered that Douglas Adams died
yesterday - a great loss to the English speaking public.
- Tried bonobo-draw with Mike Kestner's bonobo canvas
fixes - nice work indeed, few minor issuelets, but looking good.
- Continued work on sorting the remaining indirection
and allocation issues in ORBit2. Made a nice spreadsheet of the
indirection things. Fixed a fatal bug in the Excel export.
- Wow ... got an E-mail telling me to phone Simon,
which I duly did. It seems he is engaged to be married to
which is rather shocking, amazing and very pleasing. Great to catch
up with him, and hear how it's all going. Interestingly his new
father in law is Mark Tolliver.
- Rushed off to see 'The Usual Suspects' at the Fenway
Cinema [ in the same building as the office ]. 15 minutes late,
and it still hadn't started due to some tedious talk bit to start
- Back to bed - very late.
In case it's not painfully obvious: the reflections reflected here are my
own; mine, all mine ! and don't reflect the views of Novell, The
Lithuanian Gov't or Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's also important to
realise that I'm not in on the Swedish Conspiracy.
Occasionally people ask for formal photos for conferences,
Michael Meeks (firstname.lastname@example.org)